Monday, March 16, 2015

What we're Up To, Alphabet Edition

In a format that is perhaps only entertaining to me- What We're Up To, letter by letter:


A- Ants have returned with the warmer weather. The battle resumes.... Suggestions welcome.

B- Bigger and bigger! Those girls are growing- TT is sturdy and chunky, just like I was. H is almost skinny at the moment, post-growth-spurt. We think she gets it from E's mom. I never, ever imagined I would have a skinny child.

C- Roasted Carrots nom nom nom nom

E- Easter is coming. We're going to have a quiet Easter at home with our church. We'll have our friends over for a peanut-free egg hunt.

F- Fish. That's what TT is OBSESSED with- any picture of a fish in any book, no matter how small, merits attention and love. Favorites include fish bib, fish book we got her from the library, and CiCee, the beta fish we bought to feed her enjoyment.

G- Gin and tonic, our new vice.

H- H woke up dizzy this morning and threw up after breakfast. After spending the day increasingly less terrified we were all going down with the nasty stomach bug that's been going around, we discovered- a raging double ear infection. Poor kiddo.

I- Fun Fact: No one in our house irons. Our kids were amazed when our guest the other week- an MD preparing for an interview nearby- got out the iron and pressed his shirt.

J- H has been lobbying for a jump rope, after managing to jump one time over her lacing card string.

K- Auntie K is coming this week! Yay!

L- Lemon Bars. We have been making this recipe from our sweet neighbor over and over and over.

M- Mumford and Sons, followed by more Mumford and Sons. And then a little more Mumford and Sons.

N- Nashville, how I love thee. (The show, not the place.) Thankfully it will be here to sustain me after Glee ends.

O- Outside is where H will be spending two mornings a week next year in her outdoor preschool. One last year of free play before 8 hours of kindergarten every day.

P- The park, every day we can. So glad spring is here!

Q- Quiet Time. God's gift to stay-at-home moms.

R- I'm back to running regularly after a long winter break. Here's to banishing those last 5 lbs of TT weight. E's been playing racquetball on his spring break.

S- Spagetti. Both one of J's favorite foods, and also her favorite "lullaby"- "On Top of Spaghetti...."

T- Taxes. We owe some after all- ugh. At least I'm doing it myself so we don't also owe someone to tell us that.

U- My oldest *may* have worn yesterdays underwear again today. Time to do some laundry. And maybe buy some more underwear.

V- We are planning our summer vacation(s)!! E and I are planning a get-away for a few nights- we were thwarted both before H was born (pregnancy complications) and before TT was born (the world was against us.) TT is almost two and will be weaned one way or another, and we are off!! We may also go to the beach with our parents.

W- "Who's a little Mama who eats cupcakes for breakfast?" That is what four-year-old H wanted my shirt to say when she informed me my outfit was not appropriate for my birthday. (She wore a party dress for the occasion, I wore my usual jeans-and-shirt mom uniform.

X- I'm trying to convince H that she should bring her vintage xylophone for X day of show and tell at school She wants to keep her streak alive of only brining in lovies and dolls. Also, she is not at all convinced that xylophone starts with x. I told her to look in any ABC book.

Y- We are a house divided on what to do with yearbooks. We've been sorting through memorabilia boxes. E kept all seven (!) of his. I kept 3 of mine. It would have been two, but I changed schools my senior year.

Z- H learned to zip her own jacket. Added to putting on her own shoes, using the bathroom alone and brushing her own teeth, I hardly know what to do with myself here!

2 comments:

  1. We owe taxes this year too! I feel your pain. Big E will be jumping into Kindergarten next fall - I hope he's ready for the long days. Good thing is, where he's going has half days on Fridays, so it's only 4.5 days per week. Outdoor preschool sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so interested to hear how school goes for him! That's really nice they have a half day on Fridays- at least a little daytime to do something else. One of the things that's been sad for me this year is only having one day for: library, play dates, park picnics, big involved playtime/art at home, etc. Even though she only goes to school in the mornings, then we have lunch and rest time and only have an hour or so until dinner prep =(

      Delete