Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tuesday


I thought I would be bored only working three days a week, but it hasn't happened yet! In addition to taking on the lion's (lioness'?) share of administrative duties that come with a move (tags and title, internet and phone, finding a grocery store, gas station, date night activity- some duties are more fun than others!), I've been enjoying having some more time for a few home activities. Tuesday I did a lot of cooking, using up food we got from our CSA (community supported agriculture- aka "farm cult"), mostly to freeze. I hope all three of our readers enjoy this photo essay:

First of all, our home as it looked before we had dinner guests the other night:





I made potato soup with the potatoes from the CSA:


I listened to NPR podcasts while I washed and chopped. I ran out of chicken stock for the soup, so I ran across to the store to buy more. If you could see out the window behind my laptop, you could see the store! I almost left the stove and podcast on- but I didn't.

Mums on our front porch on my way out the door:


While the potato soup was cooking.....

.... I cut up peppers, onions, and garlic to be processes for chili later this week! Probably tomorrow.


Mmmmm, chili. I left one pepper to actually eat fresh (We had eaten one the night before, too). We had some lettuce this week, and the salads have been amazing.

Then I did some planning for school- yesterday we had a science demonstration and some other review activities.


(see the rug, Mom?)

And, our fish P got some fresh clean water.

Though not as fresh and clean as the water will be soon, when our fancy water filter arrives! Pierre sends his love to my sister, who transported him here to Small Town in style and safety.

One last picture of our house, 'cause I know the parents like that kind of thing:

Peace out, y'all!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for posts! I had given up checking for a while...and today found 3 new ones! Rita looks lovely in her new home (or is that Rita's offspring?) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures! Your place looks way too cute to have just been moved into. We were all excited to move last month, and did a really good job unpacking this for like 5 days, and then stopped. Someday I will hang things on the walls. Yes, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Fun update! Life sounds fun for you, busy (but not too busy) and content. I've concluded all of that from your pictures. And I'm honored to be one of three readers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I helped pick out that mum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have a photo essay of what you did that day- and it just happens to be the day I was delivering Micah! I'd kinda have preferred your day ;)

    ReplyDelete