Monday, May 23, 2011

Baby H's Update

Momma says if I can't crawl, the least I can do is write my own update. I told her I'm working on the crawling, but it's true that language does come much easier to me, so I figured I'd oblige.

I can scoot backwards, and turn around. But really- life is usually better if you stay more still. Easier to take things in that way. I love playing with my toys- I have a few that I like to play with all by themselves, but my favorite is when Momma sets me up with my basket of little toys. I take them out one by one, and check how they each taste, and if they make a noise when I shake them. Sometimes I stop to play with one for a minute. Once I've taken them all out, I start playing with the basket. When I get it turned over and start eating it, Momma knows she better come up with a new game before I a) consume some of the wicker or b) start screaming.

Momma and Dada keep taking all the stuff around the house and putting it in boxes. I don't really like the days they do that, because everything looks different and they don't pay as much attention to me. I do like having all the boxes around- they are fun to touch, and bang on, and try to climb over. I'd be more successful if I could go forward, I'm sure.

I can say dada, and I say it all the time. Momma and Dada think I don't know what it means, but I do. I just can't say anything else, so I use it for everything.

I love to eat! Somedays I just eat a bite or two, but today at dinner I was so hungry, I ate a serving of sweet potato and oatmeal, and then a whole jar of carrots, and then a few bites of rice cereal, before I finished off with some peas. I can sometimes drink from a cup, but it's pretty messy, and sometimes it's more fun to just spit it out. I still love nursing, too- especially in the middle of the night when I wake up and want a cuddle! Which I do a lot. I mean, who wouldn't love that?

Momma says I'm about 19 pounds. I don't know how she knows, I haven't been to the doctor's in forever. We're going tomorrow to get checked up and say goodbye to Momma and Dada's favorite doctor. I think she's just OK.

Momma has been taking me out in my new stroller recently. Sometimes we go on the swings- I like that a lot! I like when Dada plays with me before work or before bed. When I think he's not around, I usually don't sleep as well. On we weekends we have Dada-daughter time. Momma usually leaves. I don't know where she goes or what she does.

I like to be outside. And read books. And see new people, as long as they don't grab me. Kids are my favorite. Feel free to come visit me!

1 comment:

  1. Rose, I wish I could come visit but my mom says I'm still too little to take a trip that far on my own. I'm only allowed as far as the sandbox by myself so far. Maybe sometime this summer I'll have more freedom. Then I can teach you the word "no" too. It's a really fun one.
    Love, Edwin

    ReplyDelete