Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Goodbye to Grace

I cried when we said goodbye to our doctor at the University Hospital the other day. The doctor who was grace to us. The doctor who lent us a house to live in when it was dangerous for me and baby H to be far from the hospital. The one who was as anxious as E to get Baby H to see me when I was in the recovery room, who decided she was "warm enough" to leave the newborn nursery. The one who has been one of the clearest pictures of Jesus' care for us here. The one who I'm pretty sure isn't even into Jesus, who has had her own terrible troubles over the time we've known her. She looked better than she ever has, and hugged us when we left, and I cried as she was walking out the door.

We hopefully won't be back there, where we have had some of the most terrifying, stressful, and amazing experiences of our lives. Which lead me to reflect- have I ever gone there and not cried? I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Terrifying, stressful, and amazing will do that to you. While I hope we have a good doctor in our next location, I also hope we don't have any reason to know them quite so well. But the taste of sweet grace lingers through the bitterness.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite post ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my neglect of blogging of late, I hadn't checked yours in awhile -- I came back today to find all kinds of fun new material.

    "But the taste of sweet grace lingers through the bitterness." Now that's some good writing. Praise God for his kindness to you in that sweet doctor.

    ReplyDelete