Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Some recent events

I started reading The Joy Luck Club, but E threw it in the recycling because it made me cry. So, I'm still looking for something to read.

Baby H can put herself to sleep! Except she usually likes to suck her pacifier, and it falls out if she yawns. Pretty funny- and I really don't mind getting up every five or ten minutes to put it back in if it means eating dinner in relative peace. I'm still hoping she finds her thumb- she currently is convinced that she can fit her whole hand in her mouth if she tries hard enough. If her hand gets out of her swaddle, she won't sleep because she's trying so hard.

Speaking of the above accomplishment, Baby H has been a model baby lately. Except for the extreme crying fit she had in the car when we were 30 minutes from anywhere. I eventually stuck her back in her car seat, her screaming her little head off, and figured if she didn't stop I'd just drive down to the doctor's. She did, though. Sheesh.

I went to the gym after the baby was sleeping. It was awesome. It made me so hungry I ate three pieces of pumpkin bread, though.

Turns our Baby H (and I) had thrush. We're feeling better, and she doesn't scream when she takes her medicine any more. She still spits it out, but I'm just as happy as long is it swishes around in there for a second.

It's cold and dark here the past few days. Hello, winter! At least we found our slippers.

E and I are planning our first sans-baby date. We're hoping to see HP7!!!! That's what lures me away from my baby- Harry Potter.

5 comments:

  1. We're planning a sans baby date too - to see Harry Potter!! Not this weekend, though. We'll wait until the movie rush is over and try Thanksgiving weekend. ENJOY part 1. :)

    I think I should maybe reread it before then, just so I can say "that's not how it was in the book..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you might need to call me and tell me about this leaving the baby at home thing. I left the other 2 by C's age no problem, but we haven't gone out together without him yet. We do a lot of dates at home after they're in bed. Jigsaw puzzles. Backgammon. Take-out Thai. But we haven't left C home yet, and I can't figure out why. I hope it goes well!

    As for a book, get Jane Austen's Emma if you've never read it. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you two faithful commenters! Lisa, I didn't think I'd really be "ready" to leave her already, but she hasn't woken up after going to bed in a while now. I'm sure she will that night, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R,

    Why does Joy Luck Club make you cry?

    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did like the food section. I second the suggestion about the pizza stone. When we had one it made the best crust, when I still ate pizza :>( Iiked the part about baby H. I hear she is getting very cute. It's been awhile since I've seen her. Can't wait till my next time to see her...hint...hint. BTW, I wrote this all with my iTouch! I'm inordinately proud of that! Dad

    P.S. Hang in there with weather. I wish I could say I understand but I don't know Iowa winters.

    ReplyDelete